Intrapreneurship – Make your business great again
- You enjoy working in a company, but you miss the pioneering spirit?
- Do you have a great business idea, but you do not dare to take the risk alone and leave your current job?
- Do you see business opportunities at your workplace, but you do not know how to implement your ideas?
Then you might be interested in taking this Massive Open Online Course, a MOOC, completely free of charge. It will provide you with tips and tools how to bring the entrepreneurial spirit to your organization, workplace or your team and boost your business through opportunity identification and exploitation.
Entrepreneurship is a buzzword of the new century, but not everyone is a born entrepreneur. Yet innovation and entrepreneurship also take place within companies (“Intrapreneurship”) with the engagement and dedication of open-minded entrepreneurial employees and teams. Well-known examples include the Sony Playstation or Google´s Gmail, and many more. The content of the course covers a clarification of the intrapreneurship concept, outlines its opportunities for companies and employees, and introduces different practical Tools. It brings learners from different companies, countries and cultures together to jointly discuss changes and challenges, and work on intrapreneurial ideas.
The course is open and free for everyone and will be conducted completely online. As intrapreneurship can only function when management creates the right environment and employees follow the entrepreneurial spirit, the course addresses all business actors. Also external learners such as students, people between jobs, or just interested in the topic are highly welcome. Participants are invited to bring in their own ideas and develop a pitch strategy for a business opportunity in online collaborating teams.
What will you learn about in this MOOC?
After finishing this course you should be able to:
- understand the concept of intrapreneurship
- be familiarized with numerous examples of entrepreneurial organizations and intrapreneurship projects
- assess identified opportunities at work, develop your perception of business opportunities at work and convert problems or challenges into opportunities,
- identify stakeholders, target groups and sponsors of intrapreneurial projects,
- enhance understanding and ability to form coalitions around new business ideas,
- develop and deliver a pitch to the various audiences, including board of directors
How much time do I need?
The course starts on 26th of February 2018 and runs over a period of 6 weeks (4 weeks of content and 2 additional weeks of practical transfer of the content learned). Approximateley 5 hours of work per week. It is designed to allow flexibility and possibility to do more or less, depending on your time availability and topic preferences and interests.
The main course languages is English.
You will receive a “Record of Achievement” if you receive more than 50% of the points in the graded assignments. An ECTS-upgrade to your record of achievement in case you are doing an additional on-site exam in Graz, Potsdam or Cracow is currently under preparation.